2012 Series Schedule
- October 19 - Implants
- November 2 - Sedation Review and Updates
- December 7 - Sedation Review and Updates
Lecturer: Bertrand A. Bonnick, D.D.S., M.A.G.D., A.F.A.A.I.D., D.D.O.C.S
For questions regarding tuition, please contact us at (336) 841-0000. Seating is limited.
“There is a fountain of common knowledge to which most people go to drink, to drink of the knowledge of right and wrong. The truth is not always found there. The truth is found when you search for facts even when the results of your pursuits proves your beliefs wrong. Continue to seek the truth, this is where enlightenment begins…”
– Dr. B. Aristotle Bonnick 4/18/2009
All dental seminars will be hosted at The Aristotle Institute of the Triad.
Implant & Sedation 3-Part Education
(Each session is worth 8 AGD Credits)
Purpose: To expose the participants to all aspects of Implant Dentistry and the requirements to incorporate implant dentistry into their dental practice.
Participants will view live surgeries.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- What type of implants to use and why?
- Bone: Length, width, and height? How do you augment a lack of bone?
- Health history and its effect on implant treatment
- Sterilization and set-up
- Maxillary Sinus Lifts
- Surgical Techniques
- Surgical Complications
- Post-Surgical Complications
- Immediate placement and loading vs. Gradual loading
- Implant to tooth bridge
- Implant Abutment Junction
- Guidelines for Implant Placement
Setting Up Your Practice to Deliver Sedation Dentistry
(8 AGD Credits)
If you have considered adding or upgrading the level of sedation in your practice this course will help you with the following:
- Set-up of facility, including emergency kits and supplemental oxygen
- Scheduling and Treatment Planning
- Office Inspection preparation
- Pre-op, Post-op, and Recovery procedures
- Emergency medical procedures
- Practice drills for your team
- Office tour and live demonstration
This is an implementation course and not a substitute for your pharmacology requirements.
This education series is provided every 3 months, or as the schedule permits.